Baked Alaskan Halibut
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare Halibut. The sour cream and mayo help keep the halibut moist, while the wine helps firm up the meat. Any firm white fish or shellfish can be used in place of the Halibut.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 – 40 minuets depending on filet thickness
1-2 lbs halibut, cut into 1 or 2 inch cubes
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
- Soak halibut in enough white wine to cover for 2 hours.
- Drain wine and pat fish dry.
- Roll fish in breadcrumbs and arrange in baking pan so fish is firmly packed into the pan.
- Mix the mayo and sour cream and onion to make the topping.
- (Variations: add diced bell pepper, garlic, dill, lemon juice, bacon) possibilities are endless.
- Spread topping over the fish, dust with paprika for color.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until fish is firm(reached internal temp of 120 degrees)